one hundred boats, one hundred waters, 2014
an interactive performance
One hundred glasses of tap water and one hundred paper boats, both especially illustrated for the occasion
were handed out to people around the streets of Piraeus.
All designs were made in collaboration with the International School of Piraeus' students.
The performance lasted one and a half hours, outside Cake Pastry Shop on Piraeus, Athens,
on Tuesday 18th March, and was part of the Greek node of the Water Wheel World Symposium 3WDS 2014,
an online symposium to "make","share" and "dare" about water.
Thank you ISP and my wonderful students for believing in my art work,
Waterwheel for embracing us,
Cake pastry shop for hosting my work once again!
And of course thank you Keti, Spyros, Maria and Amin for your help and support!
To watch a 5 min documentation of the 90 min performance follow this link:
read about our performative action on pages 55-58 of the water wheel e-book, follow this link:
For more information on the Waterwheel Symposium please follow the links below:
- Waterwheel: http://water-wheel.net/
- Program of Waterwheel World Water Day Symposium 2014 in English: http://bit.ly/3WDS14-program
- Press Release of the Greek Node: http://blog.water-wheel.net/2014/02/3wds14-athens-node.html
- Voice of the future - Greece: http://blog.water-wheel.net/2014/02/3wds14-voice-of-future-greece.html
- Media release in English: http://bit.ly/3WDS14-mediarelease
- FB page of 3WDS14: https://www.facebook.com/events/1438841966352718/
- FB page of Greek node: https://www.facebook.com/events/232943733529035/
- Web Links for Live Connection in 3WDS14: http://water-wheel.net/taps/index/page:
documentation of the performance, all photos below are taken by Lea Petrou & Maria Petrou, thank you for holding both cameras Maria!
all photos below are taken by George Maragopoulos / Vaporia Marine, thank you so much George for covering the whole duration of the performance!
back to educational projects